CMGreece Training Schedules CM03/04 (4.1.2)

This is the place to discuss about CM & FM, tactics, players and everything you want!
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CM03/04 CMGreece Training Schedules (4.1.2)

Thrassos Sevvas, "Lyssien"
CMGreece Training Engineer
http://www.cmgreece.com

Contents:

1. The Gary 3.1 Schedules
2. Notes
3. Testing the Gary 3.1 schedules and experimental results

1. The Gary 3.1 Schedules:

All schedules assume "Training on Match Day"-->Off (not ticked, default) and "Rest the day after the Match"-->On (ticked)
(you can find these two options under "Manager Options")

For teams that play on Sunday:

Gary 3.1.1 (general)
Sunday: Rest, Rest, Rest
Monday: Pig In the Middle, Technique, Closing Down
Tuesday: Shadow Play, Overloading Attacking, 5-a-side_Large
Wednesday: Technique, Shadow Play, 5-a-side_Large
Thursday: Pig In the Middle, Set Pieces Attacking, Weight Training
Friday: Pig In the Middle, Set Pieces Defensive, 5-a-side_small
Saturday: Pig In the Middle, Shooting, Overloading Defensive

Garyatt 3.1.1 (strikers, forwards)
Monday: Pig In the Middle, Technique, Closing Down
Tuesday: Sprints, Overloading Attacking, Set Pieces Defensive
Wednesday: Technique, Shadow Play, Training Match
Saturday: Pig In the Middle, Shooting, Overloading Attacking

Garydef 3.1.1 (central defenders)
Monday: Pig In the Middle, Penalties, Closing Down
Tuesday: Shadow Play, Overloading Defensive, 5-a-side_small
Wednesday: Penalties, Shadow Play, 5-a-side_Large
Saturday: Pig In the Middle, Shadow Play, Overloading Defensive

For teams that play on Saturday:

Gary 3.1.2 (general)
Sunday: Pig In the Middle, Technique, Closing Down
Monday: Shadow Play, Overloading Attacking, 5-a-side_Large
Tuesday: Technique, Shadow Play, 5-a-side_Large
Wednesday: Pig In the Middle, Set Pieces Attacking, Weight Training
Thursday: Pig In the Middle, Set Pieces Defensive, 5-a-side_small
Friday: Pig In the Middle, Shooting, Overloading Defensive
Saturday: Rest, Rest, Rest

Garyatt 3.1.2 (strikers, forwards)
Sunday: Pig In the Middle, Technique, Closing Down
Monday: Sprints, Overloading Attacking, Set Pieces Defensive
Tuesday: Technique, Shadow Play, Training Match
Friday: Pig In the Middle, Shooting, Overloading Attacking

Garydef 3.1.2 (central defenders)
Sunday: Pig In the Middle, Penalties, Closing Down
Monday: Shadow Play, Overloading Defensive, 5-a-side_small
Tuesday: Penalties, Shadow Play, 5-a-side_Large
Friday: Pig In the Middle, Shadow Play, Overloading Defensive

2. Notes:

1) Do not forget to set "rest the day after the match"-->On (ticked)

2) Do not forget to assign coaches and physios to the schedule!

3) Gary 3.1 caters for all the improveable attributes. Of course the TG_Fitness attributes (Acceleration, Jumping, Stamina, Strength) don't improve a lot, as it is always the case in the CM4 series.

4) Garyatt 3.1 focuses on all improveable attributes except for (Marking, Tackling).

5) Garydef 3.1 focuses on all improveable attributes, except for the TG_Shooting attributes (Finishing, Long Shots) and the TG_Ball Control attributes (Technique, Dribbling, Passing).

6) If you want to use just one training schedule for everybody, then Gary 3.1 is for you. If you want to use a different schedule for each position, then you can use Gary 3.1 for Midfielders, and Fullbacks, Garyatt 3.1 for Strikers, and Garydef 3.1 for the DCs.

7) "Should I care that the "bars" and the "arrows" that I see on the training screen are not what I expected them to be?
No, you shouldn't.
The arrows won't be green all the time. What we are interested in is that the players' attributes are improved in the long run.
The bars are unfortunately VERY misleading. This is so because of various reasons, that I am going to analyze once I finish the quantitative analysis on them. Someone who has studied the ".tat" files, and kind of understands their function, should not worry about the bars.
For example I can design a not-so-good attacking schedule with the Attacking Bar way to the top, and I can design a really good one with the Attacking Bar halfway high.

3. Testing the Gary 3.1 schedules and experimental results

I used this schedule for Panathinaikos (Training Facilities=15, Adequate) from 27/6/2003 to 4/5/2004 on Holiday mode. Three coaches and 3 physios were assigned to the schedule.
The 17 players that were monitored were
{R. Henriksen, M. Munch, G. Seitaridis, N. Morris, G. Goumas, S. Kyrgiakos, R. Zutautas, J. Michaelsen, A. Basinas, Konstantinidis, Epalle, S. Maric, L. Sinmartean, G. Vlaovic, D. Papadopoulos, M. Konstantinou, E. Olisadebe}.

The results were:

Crossing
07 players improved (07 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Dribbling
07 players improved (07 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Finishing
12 players improved (14 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Heading
06 players improved (06 points total), 01 players became worse (01 points total)
Long Shots
11 players improved (12 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Marking
09 players improved (09 points total), 01 players became worse (01 points total)
Passing
09 players improved (09 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Penalty Taking
10 players improved (10 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Set Pieces
06 players improved (06 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Tackling
08 players improved (09 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Technique
09 players improved (09 points total), 01 players became worse (01 points total)

Decisions
10 players improved (11 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Influence
10 players improved (10 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Off The Ball
12 players improved (16 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Positioning
10 players improved (13 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)

Acceleration
02 players improved (02 points total), 01 players became worse (01 points total)
Agility
11 players improved (13 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Balance
11 players improved (13 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Jumping
02 players improved (00 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)
Stamina
04 players improved (04 points total), 01 players became worse (01 points total)
Strength
02 players improved (02 points total), 00 players became worse (00 points total)

Notes:
-This experiment was repeated many times, and the results were always very similar.
-The default general schedule (provided by the game itself) doesn't produce as good results.
E.g. Dribbling: 1 improved (1 point), 2 became worse (2 points), Crossing: 1 improved (1 point), 2 became worse (2 points), Off the Ball: 4 improved (5 points), 3 became worse (3 points), Jumping: 1 improved (1 point), 3 became worse (3 points).
Note that while testing the default schedule, I used "Rest the day after the match"-->Off (not ticked).
-The results are quite better for Training Facilities = 20 ("Top Training Facilities plus Youth Academy).
e.g. Tackling: 10 improved (13 points), Heading: 8 improved (10 points), Positioning: 15 improved (19 points). I ran this experiments after changing the DB using the official editor (and starting a new game, of course).
-The results are not as good for Training Facilities = 10 ("in need of investment"), but there is still a general improvement,
e.g. Tackling: 6 improved (7 points), 2 became worse (2 points)
-Gary 3.1.2 was tested on ManU (Training Facilities), although not as thoroughly, just to check that everything is OK. The results were again excellent.

EDIT: The Garydef schedule used to be exactly the same with the Gary one (by mistake).
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bravejohn
Rotation
Rotation
Football Manager της ομάδας: ΠΑΟΚ
Αγαπημένη Ομάδα: ΠΑΟΚ

Guys, there is a schedule for strikers, one for defenders and a general one! For midfielders and fullbacks there is none! Does it go without saying that the general schedule applies to them?

Do NOT post in Greek in this forum. I translated your post in English.
Thrassos
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

[quote]
6) If you want to use just one training schedule for everybody, then Gary 3.1 is for you. If you want to use a different schedule for each position, then you can use Gary 3.1 for Midfielders, and Fullbacks, Garyatt 3.1 for Strikers, and Garydef 3.1 for the DCs.
[/quote]
Bravejohn
Rotation
Rotation
Football Manager της ομάδας: ΠΑΟΚ
Αγαπημένη Ομάδα: ΠΑΟΚ

Ok,Thanks!
mikegr19
Trialist
Trialist

do they work for english teams ?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

Yes, just be careful to use the right schedule, depending on whether you 're playing on Saturday or Sunday.

As I am mentioning above, these schedules have been tested on Panathinaikos (varying the quality of training facilities) and Manchester United.
AlanShearer
Trialist
Trialist

Can you save the trainings and upload them to this topic, please?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

ΑlanShearer, there are reason why I don't want to do that, sorry....
But I think you can easily make the files yourself, if it's so important. ::wink:
kostasd
Amateur
Amateur

I used this Training Schedules with Barcelona during the season 03-04.Now i'm going to start the next season.I found it really good but there exept the fact that my players had many trainning injuries! Could it be a scedule problem or it's just a bug?

What about a pre-season scedule?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

Kostasd,
You know what they say, "no pain, no gain"! These schedules are heavy, and that's why you 'll have to deal with more injuries (than you would, if you were to use the default schedules).
However, you will minimize injuries if you remember to:
1) set "rest the day after the match"-->On (ticked). ::idea:
2) assign physios to the schedules. ::idea:

I don't have a preseason schedule for CM03/04, and I probably won't come up with one in the near future. I use the Gary General one for preseason myself, and I am happy with it. :8: ::wink:
kostasd
Amateur
Amateur

Ok,I've got it! Of course I assigned physios in the scedules and I rest my players after a match.One more question: I haven't set "on" the 'trainning on match day" and I think it's,if it's not,just correct me.Thanks a lot!
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

[quote="ThrassosSevvas"]
"Training on Match Day"-->Off (not ticked, default)
[/quote]
Judassab
Trialist
Trialist

You get disgustingly many groin injuries...Those are lethal!
This schedule is too good to turn down, but how is it supposed to work if every player get injured for 3 or 4 months a season?
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

There are bound to be injuries, since this is a heavy schedule. But I have never noticed as many injuries as you 're saying.
Please tell me the following to look into it:
1) What version of the game are you playing?
2) What club are you using and in what league?
3) Have you assigned Coaches and Physios to the schedule?
4) Have you set "Rest the day after the match"-->ON (ticked)?
5) Have you left "Train on match day"-->OFF (NOT ticked)?

Pleae answer the above and I 'll look into it. ::wink:
greek_manager
Webmaster
Webmaster
Αγαπημένη Ομάδα: Παναθηναϊκός
facebook προφίλ: thkouk
twitter: thkouk

I'm playing with Monza C2A (yea, it works there too, Thrassos!) and I get a lot of groin injuries as well ::roll:

But thats life, my players improve too much to give them a break. You just need 1-2 backup players that can cover many positions in the field and you are ok! ::wink:

Return to “CM/FM Discussion”