The Training Trilogy, Part 1: Background (CM0304, 4.1.4)

This is the place to discuss about CM & FM, tactics, players and everything you want!
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

CM0304 Training (4.1.4): The Trilogy
Part 1: Background.

Thrassos Sevvas, "Lyssien"
CMGreece Training Engineer
http://www.cmgreece.com

Part 1: Background

Contents
1. Introduction
2. Attributes that improve with training and attributes that do not.
3. Introduction to ".tat" files and Training Groups (TG)
4. Arrows.
5. Bars.
6. The "Train on Match Day" & "Rest the Day after the Match" options.
7. The "Preseason training will occur during the period" & "Suspend all training during the period" options (BUG)
8. In Need of a Rest
9. Summer Vacations
10. Design it!
APPENDIX: The training sessions, one by one.

Note: Part 2 of this article is going to present the Gary 4 Family of schedules, and Part 3 is going to talk about coaches and physios.
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

1. Introduction

This is the third article of the series, in an effort to explain the internal workings of CM Training. It all started with the article "CM4 What attributes are improved be each training session", and went on with the "Introduction to CM4 Theory (EP5)", after my participation in the EP5 testing for CM4.
In CM0304, training is still based on the same philosophy as in CM4. Some details have changed. We 'll go through everything again, emphasising the changes as we encounter them.

2. Attributes that improve with training and attributes that do not.

Attributes that improve with training:
Crossing, Heading, Set Pieces, Penalty Taking, Finishing, Long Shots, Dribbling, Technique, Passing, First Touch*, Marking, Tackling, Off the Ball, Positioning, Decisions, Influence***, Agility, Balance, Acceleration***, Jumping***, Stamina****, Strength***, Handling, Reflexes, One on Ones, Anticipation(GK).

Αttributes that do not improve with training:
Some of these attributes may show change (quite rare for most of them), but it happens due to other reasons and not directly because of training.
Pace, Long Throws, Bravery, Aggression, Determination, Flair, Teamwork, Work Rate, Rushing Out, Tendency to Punch, Eccentricity,

Special Category: Attributes that are indirectly related to training**:
Communication, Anticipation(Outfield), Creativity, Aerial Ability, Kicking, Command of Area, Throwing.

*hidden attribute
**These attributes improve as Ability rises, or at least that's what I make of it. So if you have some nice schedule that encourages general player development, these attributes will improve
***Unfortunately these attributes have very minor chances of improvement. We are usually more than happy to get +1.
****Stamina can improve much more than Acceleration, Jumping and Strength. This happens through playing plenty matches every season, as long as the player is not close to his 30th birthday.
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

3. Introduction to ".tat" files and Training Groups (TG)

CM0304 training is based on the values that the ".tat" files contain. These files can be found in the /data/training folder of CM0304. Let's give an example of how this works.If we open "Shooting.tat" (with Notepad), we find:

version=1
type=Outfield
display_name=Shooting
description=This exercise increases the awareness of your players in and around the box and your strikers will gain confidence from hitting the net regularly in training. As well as improving their touch and ability to volley, this session will also encourage your players to practise shooting with their weaker foot. Other benefits include increased composure, anticipation and ability to shoot from distance.
Fitness=2
Ball control=2
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=7
Reflexes=0

OK, we are going to concentrate on the 9 values at the bottom of the file. These values tell us that "Shooting" trains Shooting a lot (7 points of training), and Ball Control a little bit (2 points of training). Also the players' Fitness will be trained 2 points.
Each one of these nine Training Groups (TG for short) {TG_Fitness, TG_Ball Control, TG_Movement, TG_team work etc) involve some attributes. Let's see how the grouping goes:

TG_Fitness: Αcceleration, Jumping, Stamina, Strength
TG_Ball control: Technique, Passing, Dribbling, Agility, Balance
TG_Movement: Marking, Tackling, Off the Ball, Positioning
TG_team work: doesn't seem to improve anything, I don't know what it's there for
TG_Set pieces: Crossing, Heading, Set Pieces, Penalty Taking
TG_Shot stopping: Agility, Reflexes, Handling, Anticipation(GK), Positioning
TG_Tactics: Decisions, Influence, Off the ball, Positioning
TG_Shooting: Finishing, Long Shots
TG_Reflexes: Agility, Balance, Dribbling, Reflexes, One on Ones

So if we want to improve our players' passing, then we have to train them on Ball Control.
We have explained the session "Shooting" here, but you can find all sessions in Appendix 1.

Keep in mind that two TG_Ball control points are not necessarily equivalent to 2 TG_Tactics points. It takes a lot of points to improve some TGs (e.g. Fitness), while others are much easier to improve (e.g. Shooting).
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

4. Arrows.

The Arrows in training show if a player has recently improved/deteriorated at some skill. Unfortunately they only show recent improvement, so they are useless for long-term conclusions. The arrows in a player's profile are for recent changes only, as well.
If you are using some good training schedule, then chances are that the Arrows will change from green to red and backwards all the time. This is normal and shouldn't worry you. The attributes will increase and decrease all the time, and our goal is that improvement should dominate in the long-run. The arrows won't stop changing, but the attribute values will have improved.

Moreover, keep in mind that the attributes values can't improve forever. Each player has a Potential, and that Potential restricts improvement.

So, are the arrows completely useless? There is a theory which says that arrows at least show who has been performing well on the training ground, and could be useful when picking the starting 11. This theory is very hard to check, and I don't know whether it is correct.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/Arrows.JPG[/img]

5. Bars.

The Bars appeared in CM0304 for the first time. The training session descriptions are of no help (since they are either inaccurate or completely wrong, depending on the session), and SI naturally declared their defeat by introducing the Bars.

What do the Bars tell us? The Bars group the attributes in a new way, seperating them into Mantal, Physical, Goalkeeping and Defensive:

Mental Bar: TG_Movement, TG_Tactics
Physical Bar: TG_Fitness
Goalkeeping Bar: TG_Shot Stopping, TG_Reflexes
Defensive Bar: TG_Movement, TG_team work, TG_Tactics
Attacking Bar: TG_Shooting, TG_Ball Control, TG_Set Pieces, TG_Tactics, TG_Reflexes

Problem 1:
Some Bars involve more than one TG, and therefore it is impossible to say exactly what attributes are trained as the Bar rises. For example, when the Attacking Bar rises, we don't know if this is because of TG_Set Pieces or TG_Reflexes or TG_Shooting or TG_Ball Control.
As a consequence, the Attacking Bar may be sky high, but Finishing may remain untrained!
Problem 2:
As I have mentioned before, each TG needs a different amount of training in order to give improvement, So there is not much point in trying to force the Bars to have similar height.
Problem 3:
Bars show the weekly training, but the success of it depend on many more factors, like how the points are distributed daily.
Problem 4:
The Bars do not take into account the options "Train On Match Day" and "Rest the day after the match".
Problem 5:
The Bars give no indication of possible overtraining (of some specific TG), which may lead to slowing down of the players' development.

Conclusion:
The Bars try to make up for the false information given in the session descriptions. But we cannot depend on them if we want to be sure for our results.

The dotted line:
What is this dotted line in the Bar Diagram?
It DOESN'T spot the overtraining limit, for various reasons:
- The overtraining limit is different for every player.
- A lot of the details of training change from patch to patch, while the line remains the same.
- Even in the default schedules the bars sometimes cross the line, which emphasises the fact that sometimes you HAVE to cross the line in order to see good improvement.
- All the bars are not equivalent, but the line is the same for all of them.
- The Bar Diagram does not take into account the options "Train on Match Day" and "Rest the day after the match".
- etc-etc...

So what does the dotted line show? Not much. Maybe it does make sense to not exceed the line with the "Overall" Bar, but I am only saying this because even the heaviest of my schedules have never crossed it.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/Bars.JPG[/img]
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

6. The "Train on Match Day" & "Rest the Day after the Match" options.

In CM0304, these options can be found under "Manager Options".

Train on Match Day:
If you do NOT tick this option, then the 11 first-teamers will not train on match day. The rest of the players will train normally (subs included). If you tick it, then everybody is going to train on match day.
A match gives TG_Fitness points itself, so be very careful with this option, otherwise you are going to kill your players' Stamina.

Rest the Day after the Match:
If you do NOT tick this option, then all your players are going to train on the day after ther match. If you tick it, then the players who played for more than 45 minutes are not going to train on the following day.
This option is particularly useful when one is using a heavy schedule, because it reduces injuries.

7. The "Preseason training will occur during the period" & "Suspend all training during the period" options.

In CM0304, these options are under "Manager Options"..

Preseason training will occur during the period:

Unfortunately this option is bugged, so we 'll have to distinguish two different cases. In the first case it works, in the second it doesn't.

Case 1: You are using the default training schedules "First Team", "Reserves", "Goalkeeping", "Preseason" (even if edited). In this case everything works fine. Your players will switch to "Preseason" for the entered period, and then they will switch back.

Case 2: You have imported your own schedules or you have created them "New".
In this case you players won't ever switch. This is a bug. In addition, your coaches won't supervise for the entered period, I don't know why.

In conclusion, avoid this option if you are using imported schedules, and only use it if you are using the default ones (even if edited).

Suspend all training during the period:

Similar things happen with this option. If you are using the default schedules, then your players will switch to "Rest" for the period you enter. If you are using imported schedules, then they never switch. So if you are using imported schedules, try switching all players manually (in the training screen).
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

8. In Need of a Rest.

How to deal with it:
When a player is "in need of a rest", then we 'll have to rest him from matches for a while. Practice has shown that we shouldn't even have him on the bench for a while, until he 's fit again.
Note that you should not take these players off training, because they need the fitness points to recover.

How to prevent it:
This problem usually arises when a player plays many matches in a row, especially if he plays more than once per week. So it is a good idea to rotatate the squad, and also avoid using players that are too low on condition. Furthermore, do not forget to give your players a break in the summer, which leads us to...

9. Summer Vacations.

Do not forget to give a break to your players in the summer, right after the season ends. They need it so that they don't tire easily in the coming season. It also reduces injuries.
I recommend 4-6 weeks of resting in the summer (see Paragraph 7 for some of the traps you need to avoid). If any of your players are part of their national squad during the vacation period, then give them some additional rest, until they become unfit. In order to do this, switch their schedule manually to "Rest" once the general vacation has ended.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/SummerVacation.JPG[/img]
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

10. Design it!

OK, so how does one go about designing a schedule then? I will talk about a method here, which is based on the knowledge and study of the ".tat" files.
Let's talk about designing a general schedule. So, we need some sessions to improve Ball Control (Technique, Pig In the Middle), some sessions to improve Shooting (Shooting, and maybe Overloading Attacking), we also need something for Tactics (Tactics, Shadow Play, also the two Overloadings and the two Set Pieces involve significant tactics training), something for Movement (mainly Shadow Play, Overloading Defensive, and maybe Pig In the Middle or Closing Down), for Set Pieces (choice of Set Pieces Attacking and Defensive, Crosses, Heading, Penalties). We may also need something for Reflexes (e.g. Agility, if these attributes do not get covered by TG_Ball Control alone). Fitness can be covered by Sprints/Cross Country/Weight Training or by the inclusion of intensive sessions like Training Match, 5 Large, Heading, Pig In the Middle and Closing Down.

Let's compare Pig in the Middle with Technique. We have to realise is that these two sessions are not equally good for Ball Control, although they both provide 7 points for it. Technique trains Ball Control almost exclusively (2 points in Reflexes just help Dribbling, Agility and Balance which are involved in Ball Control too), while Pig In the Middle trains all Ball Control, Fitness, and Movement. So Pig In the Middle is better for concurrent training of a lot of skills, but this leads to a reduction of its effectiveness on Ball Control (the potential improvement is distributed into a lot of skills). So Technique may be better if we are looking to improve Ball Control skills alone.

OK, so I start by choosing "Pig", "Technique", "Set Pieces Defensive", "Overloading Defensive", and "Shooting" to take care of everything at least once. It is usually good to include some Shadow Play, since my experience shows that I often have trouble increasing Marking/Tackling. Some Fitness training with Sprints should keep the players fit, too. We complete the schedule by choosing some of the other sessions or repeating some of the above.

I usually focus on training mainly 1, 2 or 3 (at most) TGs every day, while having a few points in the rest of of the TGs might prevent them from decreasing. For example, a day with {Overloading Defensive, Shadow Play, Rest} will do wonders on Marking, Tackling, Off the ball, Positioning, Decisions, and Influence, without being too heavy. Or a day with {Crosses, Heading, Shooting} will mostly work on TG_Set Pieces and TG_Shooting.

I personally choose to work with "Train on match day"-->Off, to avoid the Fitness complications that arise due to the match. So if I am playing in a league where the matches are played on Sunday (e.g. the Greek League), then having Sunday as a rest day should be a good idea. If I choose to have "Rest the day after the match"-->Off (like Gary 4 will be), then some free afternoons should probably exist.

OK, now we 'll assume that the schedule is ready and we want to test it and improve it. We are after two goals: We want the attributes to improve and we want the Current ability to increase. These two things are not necessarily equivalent, because
a) some schedules work better on players that are close to their Potential Ability, whereas others work better on players whose Current ability is much lower than their Potential one,
b) Current Ability may rise, but not all attributes will necessarily have improved, e.g. Finishing and Long Shots may have remained unimproved for everybody,
c) not all improveable attributes are part of the Ability.

So I note down the attributes of a big sample of players and I run a Holiday Mode experiment for several months (e.g. 1 season, but a shorter period will do, too). Then I check the total improvement for each attribute. I also check the development of Ability using a convenient real-time editor, e.g. MCM. It is important that the schedule encourages younger players' development. I repeat the experiment a couple of times to note down which improvements are likely and which ones were just lucky.
I also run a couple of experiments with the default first-team schedule, so that I have a means for comparison.

Now we 'll assume that the schedule did decently well on all attributes (on average), but most of the younger players of the sample (e..g. in their early twenties) didn't show much improvement in Ability (and very small improvement in the attributes). In addition, I notice that Marking and Tackling did somewhat worse than the rest of the attributes. I am not happy, so I decide to change the schedule a bit. My first thought would be to alter the TG_Movement concentration of the schedule. But there are more than one possibilities:
a) Maybe the TG_Movement points are too few in the schedule,
b) Maybe the TG_Movement points are too many in the schedule, and therefore the overtraining effect stops the players from developping.
Right, since I notice that younger players did worse than the older ones, I first try to reduce the TG_Movement training. Maybe two Shadow Plays were too many for this specific schedule. So I take one out and I repeat the experiment.

OK, after I repeat the experiment a couple of times, I am now happy with the development of TG_Movement attributes. Young players seem to be doing better too, so the problem was due to TG_Movement overtraining indeed. But now it is becoming clear that Dribbling doesn't improve as much as Technique and Passing. These attributes are all part of TG_Ball Control, but Dribbling is also part of TG_Reflexes. Since Passing does not face the same problem, I 'll have to work on TG_Reflexes. So is it overtraining or not-enough-training? I look at the weekly TG_Reflexes points and decide to check not-enough-training first. So I add some Outfield Agility in some empty slot, run the experiment etc.

When I am eventually happy with all attributes, I try adding or subtracting some sessions, so that I note if there is any improvement when the schedule becomes lighter/heavier.
Last edited by ThrassosSevvas on Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThrassosSevvas
Training Engineer
Training Engineer

APPENDIX: The training sessions, one by one.

Rest

type=None
display_name=Rest
description=Give your players a break.
Fitness=2
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

Rest just gives 2 points of fitness. Keep this in mind when we discuss Set Pieces Attacking, Crosses, and Tactical Training.

Shooting

type=Outfield
description=This exercise increases the awareness of your players in and around the box and your strikers will gain confidence from hitting the net regularly in training. As well as improving their touch and ability to volley, this session will also encourage your players to practise shooting with their weaker foot. Other benefits include increased composure, anticipation and ability to shoot from distance.
Fitness=2
Ball control=2
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=7
Reflexes=0

Shooting works mainly on Finishing and Long Shots. Doesn't improve Anticipation.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/Shooting.jpg[/img]

Tactical Training

type=team
description=This session is tactics specific and gives the players a chance to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition. This will include watching videos of previous games, studying tactics and identifying danger men. As a very important part of preperation for both the team and the individual, players will improve their ability to make decisions and work as a team.
Fitness=0
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=5
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=5
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

This session is not too good for players' fitness attributes, since it gives 0 fitness points (less than what Rest gives!). It improves Off the Ball, Positioning, Decisions, and Influence.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/TacticalTraining.JPG[/img]

Weight Training

type=team
description=Weight training builds up muscle definition, including the hamstrings, calf, upper body and neck muscles. At low intensity it can reduce a player's chance of injury, but too much weight training can result in loss of balance, mobility and pace.
Fitness=5
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

Weight training is one of the main fitness sessions, giving 5 fitness points. So it helps Acceleration, Jumping, Stamina and Strength.

Cross Country

type=team
description=Particularly effective during pre-season to get your players fit for the campaign ahead, cross-country running improves stamina and encourages weight loss. This exercise is claimed to have a multiplying effect on other aspects of training.
Fitness=7
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

It improves Acceleration, Jumping, Stamina and Strength.

Sprints

type=team
description=Sprinting over short distances with lots of repetition, this exercise improves the acceleration, pace and balance of your players.
Fitness=7
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=2

Similar to Cross Country, Sprints improves Acceleration, Jumping, Stamina and Strength. In addition, Sprints provides 2 Reflexes points, helping Agility, Balance, Dribbling etc. Pace does not improve by training.

Technique

type=team
description=This exercise encourages your players to improve their ball control, passing and dribbling. Players will work mainly on skill, using all parts of the body to improve first touch and control.
Fitness=2
Ball control=7
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=7
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=2

Improves mainly the Ball Control attributes, i.e. Technique, Passing, Dribbling, Agility, Balance. Also good for goalkeepers, because of the 7 Shot Stopping points.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/Technique.jpg[/img]

Agility (Outfield)

type=Outfield
description=Although not fitness intensive, your players will develop a better fluid motion through running, turning and shifting their body weight. This exercise particularly improves acceleration, balance and coordination.
Fitness=2
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=2
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=5

Mainly works on a player's Agility, Balance and Dribbling. Misleading description, since this session has little to do with Acceleration.

Shadow Play

type=Outfield
description=This low-pace session, best implemented only a couple of days before a match, literally walks the players through what is expected of them in the next match. As well as getting the players comfortable on the ball, this exercise improves teamwork, decisions and movement.
Fitness=2
Ball control=0
Movement=7
team work=5
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=5
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

Working mainly on Tackling, Marking, Off the Ball, Positioning, Decisions and Influence, this session is a must for Defenders' schedules. So basically it is good for the defensive and the mental attributes. The "low-pace" comment in the description is a bit misleading, since Shadow Play gives 2 fitness points, as most sessions do.

Pig In the Middle

type=team
description=This moderate session involves several players passing the ball amongst themselves within a set perimeter whilst one or two others try to win the ball back. While creating a fun and relaxed atmosphere, your players will particularly improve their anticipation and first touch.
Fitness=5
Ball control=7
Movement=5
team work=5
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

One of my favourite sessions, improves the physical, the ball control, the defensive and the mental attributes. Its effect on morale is questionable though.

Closing Down

type=Outfield
description=In this exercise, three small sided teams play within a set perimeter. Two teams attempt to keep hold of the ball whilst the third team endeavours to dispossess them. Constant movement ensures players will build up their stamina and also develop their vision, communication and ball skills. Positional play, tackling and team work will also be improved.
Fitness=5
Ball control=5
Movement=5
team work=5
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

Works on the same things as Pig in the Middle, but gives two points less to TG_Ball Control.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/ClosingDown.jpg[/img]

Overloading (Attacking) Changed in CM0304

type=team
description=By outnumbering the defence in this exercise, your attackers will be encouraged to make use of the extra men down the flanks and get crosses into the box. Your strikers will improve their movement and get used to finishing off moves.
Fitness=2
Ball control=5
Movement=5
team work=6
Set pieces=2
Shot stopping=2
Tactics=5
Shooting=4
Reflexes=2

Works mainly on TG_Ball Control, TG_Movement, TG_Tactics, and TG_Shooting.

Overloading (defensive) Changed in CM0304

type=team
description=By using more attackers than defenders, this exercise encourages defenders to hold their defensive line and learn which parts of the pitch are most vulnerable to attack. By encouraging tight marking, teamwork and positional play, overloading will also improve the link between your goalkeeper and his defence.
Fitness=2
Ball control=4
Movement=6
team work=3
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=5
Tactics=5
Shooting=2
Reflexes=5

Good mainly for the defensive attributes, and the mental ones, but also for ball control and TG_reflexes. This is a good session especially for defenders. Also good for goalkeepers.

Set Pieces (attacking)

type=team
description=In this routine, your players will work on their attacking set pieces for the big match. By training your set piece takers to deliver accurate free-kicks, corners, penalties and long throws, your team will improve its chances of scoring from these situations.
Fitness=0
Ball control=5
Movement=3
team work=3
Set pieces=7
Shot stopping=5
Tactics=5
Shooting=2
Reflexes=2

Very good for the TG_Set Pieces attributes (Set Pieces, Penalty Taking, Crossing, Heading). Also good for the Ball Control skills (Technique, Passing, Dribbling, Agility, Balance) and TG_Tactics (Off the Ball, Positioning, Decisions, Influence). Long Throws doesn't improve with Training.

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/SetPiecesAttacking.jpg[/img]

Set Pieces (defensive)

type=team
description=In this session, both your goalkeepers and outfield players will practise defending the set piece scenarios that occur within a game. This will improve their anticipation, marking and positioning.
Fitness=2
Ball control=5
Movement=2
team work=5
Set pieces=7
Shot stopping=2
Tactics=5
Shooting=2
Reflexes=2

Not anything special for goalkeepers, giving only 2 points for TG_Shot Stopping and TG_Reflexes. Good for the TG_Set Pieces attributes, and also the Ball Control and the Mental attributes. Good session for both Attackers and Defenders.

Crosses

type=team
description=This exercise encourages your players to deliver lofted or driven balls into the box. Your midfield players will be taught to hit the right areas with their crosses and your attackers will learn to time their runs to receive the ball in the best positions.
Fitness=0
Ball control=2
Movement=2
team work=2
Set pieces=7
Shot stopping=7
Tactics=0
Shooting=2
Reflexes=5

Good mainly for Crossing, Heading, Set Pieces, Penalty Taking, Agility, Balance, and for the Goalkeepers.

Training Match

type=team
Training Match
description=By playing the selected first team against a second string in a full match, this high intensity session will give your players a chance to play together but is also guaranteed to tire them out. Amongst other things, this exercise improves passing, communication and positioning.
Fitness=5
Ball control=2
Movement=2
team work=2
Set pieces=2
Shot stopping=2
Tactics=2
Shooting=2
Reflexes=2

Effective for Acceleration, Jumping, Stamina and Strength. Training Match also gives 2 points to all other categories.

5-a-side (large pitch)

type=team
description=Small sided games on larger pitches. Though the players will tire quicker, they will build up stamina, improve their work rate and develop good passing and movement.
Fitness=5
Ball control=2
Movement=5
team work=5
Set pieces=2
Shot stopping=5
Tactics=2
Shooting=2
Reflexes=2

Somewhat similar to Training Match, this session gives additional advantage to the Mental attributes, as well as the Defensive and the Goalkeeping attributes. It doesn't improve Work Rate, which does not improve by training. Misleading information about Passing, since this session doesn't improve Passing more than it helps any other attribute.

5-a-side (small pitch)

type=team
description=Small sided games on smaller pitches. Players will improve their marking, movement and ability to think quickly. Outfield players are also encouraged to get plenty of shots on target, enabling goalkeepers to hone their reflexes and practise one-on-one situations.
Fitness=2
Ball control=2
Movement=5
team work=5
Set pieces=2
Shot stopping=5
Tactics=2
Shooting=2
Reflexes=2

Very similar to 5-a-side-large, the only difference being that this session doesn't really make for TG_Fitness improvement.

Penalties

type=team
description=Gives your players the opportunity to practise taking penalties and increase their composure. This session is most useful before those dreaded penalty shoot-outs in cup competitions.
Fitness=2
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=5
Shot stopping=7
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=5

Good for Penalty Taking, Set Pieces, Crossing, Heading, Dribbling, Agility, Balance and the goalkeeping attributes.
Also note that it has no effect on the shooting skills (finishing, long shots).

Heading Changed in CM0304

type=Outfield
description=Heading exercises help your players to strengthen their neck muscles and get distance on headers. As well as improving their ability to clear the ball quickly and efficiently from dangerous situations, your players will get better at flick-ons, knock-downs and scoring headers.
Fitness=5
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=5
Set pieces=7
Shot stopping=0
Tactics=2
Shooting=0
Reflexes=0

They corrected this one, at last! It improves Heading, Set Pieces, Penalty Taking and Crossing. It is an intensive session, and so it also helps Acceleration, Jumping, Stamina, Strength.

Agility (GK)

type=Goalkeeper
description=Training with goalkeeping coach to improve reflexes and agility.
Fitness=2
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=2
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=5
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=7

Distribution

type=Goalkeeper
description=Training with your goalkeeping coach to ensure good recycling of possession and improve distribution from goalkicks.
Fitness=2
Ball control=2
Movement=0
team work=5
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=5
Tactics=2
Shooting=0
Reflexes=5

Handling

type=Goalkeeper
description=Training with the goalkeeper coach to practise positioning and get a feel for the ball.
Fitness=2
Ball control=2
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=7
Tactics=0
Shooting=2
Reflexes=7

[img]http://www.cmgreece.com/images/Handling.JPG[/img]

Shot stopping

type=Goalkeeper
description=This exercise encourages your goalkeepers to get their body behind the ball and stop powerful shots confidently.
Fitness=2
Ball control=0
Movement=0
team work=0
Set pieces=0
Shot stopping=7
Tactics=0
Shooting=0
Reflexes=7

THE END OF PART 1.
greek_manager
Webmaster