Data Editor FAQ

Απορίες πάνω στον νέο FM Data Editor αλλά και σε πρόσθετα εργαλεία.
Forum rules
Πριν ανοίξετε οποιοδήποτε topic εντός του τομέα διαβάστε οπωσδήποτε τους ΚΑΝΟΝΕΣ-ΟΔΗΓΙΕΣ αναφοράς και ακολουθήστε τους πιστά. Από εδώ και πέρα θα θεωρείται το παρόν μήνυμα σαν προειδοποίηση, και θα κλειδώνονται, και αν κρίνεται σκόπιμο από τους mods/admins θα διαγράφονται, τα topics θα που δεν συμφωνούν, χωρίς δεύτερη προειδοποίηση γιατί δημιουργείται σοβαρό πρόβλημα στην προσπέλαση των topics από τους χρήστες.
peritri
Head Researcher - Webmaster
Head Researcher - Webmaster

Where Can I find the Editor?

If installed using offline system it can be found in

C: > Program Files > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > tools > editor > editor.exe

On Vista and W7 It can also be accessed by right-clicking on FM2010 icon in games explorer

If installed using steam the editor can be found

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009\Tools\

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

Where can I find how to create a new nation rules or how to add leagues to existing leagues?

Videos of how to create these can be found at http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=videos

For creating new nation rules view ? New editor tutorial part 1

For adding new levels to existing leagues view - FM2010 data editor - how to add competitions to existing leagues

Where Should I save files too?

Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.

PC ? My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC ? Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

I have created an XML file but it is not appearing in game

Firstly make sure you have saved the file to the editor data file. If this is correct, you should try the following.

Firstly you should delete your cache and then remove the config.xml file from the editor data folder.

How to delete your cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:
1. Open 'My Computer'
2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder
4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:
1. Click 'Start'
2. Click your username on the Start Menu
3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'
4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder
5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX
1. Open Finder
2. Select <User>
3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
4. Remove any ?Football Manager? Folder

The editor data folder is located

PC ? My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC ? Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

Can I load multiple files into the game?

Yes, you can load as many different xml files into a new game. However some files can prevent other from working if you have made many changes to leagues and structures.

Can I download files from other users to use in the editor?

Yes, you can download other users XML files they have created and load them into your game by putting them in the editor data folder.

I have created multiple XML files but I get errors when loaded them into FM2010.

If you have multiple xml files created some of the changes you have made may affect another xml.

Example:

Removing side from MLS and moving them into English league in one file
Having a new USA league with new structure using same teams

The second xml would not work if loaded together as the MLS side from the first xml will have been moved and USA league will not recognise correct number of teams.

Can I edit international or continental competitions?

The ability to edit international competitions such as the World Cup and continental competitions such as Champions Cup is not available in the FM2010 editor.

Why can I not go back in the editor to see recent screens I was on like in FM2009 editor?

The ability to view screens you were recently on in the editor still remains, however it does not appear on tree menu as in previous versions, you now can view this by clicking the [Recent Database Records] button.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159021

Return to “Data Editor / 3rd party programs”